Tuesday 1 November 2011

Audience Profile

When portraying a poll on my blog for a week or two i recieved certain information helping me decide how to produce and distribute my music magazine, this information also helped my knowledge and understanding of music magazines and there typical audience.

1) Do you read music magazines?

The first poll question recieved only 2 of the 4 answers and with only 4 votes, one being 'No' and 3 being 'Sometimes' therefore telling me i either have to little votes or generally not many people read music magazines and maybe it will need a better distributor or a better source of advertisement? for example either using other sources of media for example 'facebook'.

2)Whats the most important aspect of a music magazine?

The second question on my poll recieved 3 answers, and conveyed a very broad view on this question being the most important features of a music magazine are interviews, music information and posters, so not very specific maybe meaning the audience likes many features of music magazines of they like only certain aspects.

3)What influences you to buy music magazines?

The third question on my poll yet again recieved 3 votes 2 being the cover ad and who's featured and one being friends therefore telling me the front cover is possibly the most important feature of a music magazine or magazine in general, so when producing my magazine ill have to make sure the front cover is as classy and professional as possible and will be eye catching and draw my target audience and actual readers in aswell as creating certain demographic groups.

4)Do you prefer?

When asking this question on my poll i asked if the audience prefered magazines online or on print? and recieved more votes for print, letting me know what my best choice is for creating my magazine and that it will  be on print.

5)What makes the main image most appealing?

This was a very important question as the front cover is the most important page on a music magazine and i wanted to know what would draw my audience in the most and what would be most appealing and eye catching. The top two votes were 'star quality' being and looking like a star and letting the audience know your the famous one, and 'clothes' obviously to make you seem a higher class and look more classy and professional and more appealing to the audience, and i will be taking this into consideration when creating my magazine as its very important.

6)What Genre is would you prefer?

This was a very broad question and was asked in interest to see what people thought the most interesting genre of music magazine, i dont think the poll was taken seriously as 'punk' and 'R&B' were top voted, however R&B is acceptable as its very widely sold genre. Where'as punk is not as known anymore and wouldnt be seen on an everyday shop shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment