Tuesday 31 January 2012

What kind of institution might distribute your media product and why?

The company I will be using to distribute and promote my magazine would most likely be IPC, I have chosen this specific publisher as it has published magazines very similar to mine such as NME, this would help distribute my magazine as my target audience can realise that this is a good distributor as many of its magazines have been very succesful. IPC would also give my magazine a chance to reach success as it has been around for numerous years and is the current publisher of NME its only other music magazine, therefore this will reassure that my magazine would have a chance to be successful as NME is a huge magazine which has always been very successful, NME is also a similar genre of magazine as mine is also indie/rock genre, this may be a bad idea as they may not want to publish two very similar magazine however people knowing its published by the same company being IPC may intise people to buy my magazine as they distribute very well known magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment