Monday 2 April 2012

How did you attract/address your audience?

I attracted and addressed my specific target audience in many ways, however took most time promoting cross media convergence and getting my magazine recognised through different platforms that my target audience would use such as Facebook, Twitter, Myspace and even an online magazine. This helped attract a wider audience as millions of 16-25 year olds use these social networking sites daily therefore broadening my audience giving them a variety of ways to view my magazine.
When attracting an audience i first researched a magazine similar to mine to see what features make a magazine successful, being a music magazine i noticed that the bands and artists you portray on the front cover is probably one of the most important factors. Therefore my magazine front cover clearly conveys what and who is featured in my magazine, such as 'Foster the people' 'Sub Focus' etc. making this stand out to the audience lets them see what they relate to and what they can read about. I also added many images and close ups of famous artists throughout the magazine to catch the readers attention, the models are dressed in clothes that represent the genre and have similarities to my audience. Including things such as posters in my my magazine also helped sell as the audience love a big poster of there favourite artist on there wall. However this is not the only important thing to make prominent when addressing an audience as small things such as 'Win an IPhone 4S' and 'A free reading ticket' portrayed clearly on the front of magazine can easily attract more attention as when buying the magazine you may feel that you could be the lucky winner.
My magazine includes articles and reviews on the latest and upcoming music stars to attract an audience who wants to read and has a general interest in the artist therefore my articles have funny and comical interviews as well as serious questions and where the artist is going next, as well as every weeks 'big secret' which always attracts and audience as its music gossip at the best.
To make my magazine attractive in design i added
colours that were eye catching but not overwhelming, the colours i chose for my music magazine were red white black and grey, i did not choose these colours at random, as i took specific research into magazine on shop shelf's and noticed many magazine of a similar genre to mine had these colours. Therefore these colours must be easily recognised by the audience as they are prominent on other magazines similar. I also used a range of requirements a normal magazine has to make it attractive such as pull lines, quotes, tag lines, plugs, mastheads, offers, competitions etc. on the front cover to portray the best points of my magazine so that the intended audience would buy it.




No comments:

Post a Comment