Monday 2 April 2012

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing the product?

I have learnt a variety of skills on different platforms of technology when going through the process of making my magazine. I made my magazine on Adobe Photoshop CS3/CS5, allowing me to combine images and special effects that other software couldn't. Photoshop was a big part of the production process when making my magazine as i already had an insight into Photoshop and enjoy the editing of photo's and images, therefore i quickly got a draft magazine complete, including a variety of texts, fonts and gradients making my magazine look well created. However all i need after that was pictures, a variety of my models that i could choose from and manipulate to fit my genre. Therefore i used a Nikon camera of a very good quality as i did not want to use a pixelated image anywhere in my magazine. The camera allowed me to get exceptional images of my models from a variety of angles and compositions at a good quality so i chose an image from the hundreds i had taken. The final image i decided to use i manipulated in Photoshop and edited according to my genre in this case i made the image black and white i also played the levels and exposure of the images to create a eye catching image that could be seen from a distance.
Using Photoshop also benefited me as the text and double page spreads look a lot more effective as i added filters and special effects that make the text and backgrounds look a lot bolder and more eye catching. As effects such as gradients, bevel, glow and 3D have been added making it look a lot less plain and also adds the professional and classy feel to the magazine. By using Photoshop i have also been able to address the correct audience by using a range of editing skills to portray the correct genre such as my poster which has a cracked gritty effect portraying a certain outlook of my urban-y magazine.
When making my magazine i have learnt a variety of skills when using camera's and Photoshop that i did not know and will help me in later life, such as how to get a correct picture with good lighting and sense of aperture. Which has all benefited the production of my magazine to make it look as real as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment