Monday 2 April 2012

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

  When looking back at my preliminary task i can tell a variety of factors i have learnt about when making a magazine, when i compare the two final products i can see obvious mistakes and things i could have improved on my preliminary magazine as i have learnt a lot since. I think my final music magazine works a lot more successfully than the school magazine because of certain editing skills i had evolved on such as the placing of text and positioning, i also feel my magazine comes across more classy and professional as i have specified in a certain audience and could focus on what would appeal to them most such as colours and design where as on my preliminary task i had to make it relate to the 'school nature' which is reasonably hard as the amount of ages within a school. I feel i have also learnt more about attracting an audience and making people want to buy the magazine as i have researched production companys such as IPC and how they maintain such a huge audience, this has helped me add things such as offers, competitions and cross media convergence and how my magazine can be displayed across different platforms such as mobiles, internet and on social networking sites and how when this is featured in the magazine it gives the audience another way to view my magazine.
I have also learnt how to gather much more professional looking images as my skills with the camera's has evolved significantly, as i learnt how to change lighting, exposure and how to edit successfully on Photoshop. This makes a huge difference on  my magazine as the image's are the first thing you notice when buying a magazine.
Overall i think i have improved significantly from the production of my preliminary task to my final magazine as i have improved on Photoshop and learnt how to edit and manipulate images and text to make it look as if my magazine were on the shop shelf at this current time, i have also learnt how to make my magazine relate to a specific audience by using certain images, props, slang and music which helped me produce a magazine to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment